Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Sneek Peak into Your Say 2

SINGAPORE, 26th January:-
The year of the Ox is significant with prosperity through sheer hard work and fortitude.
And it is also a significant year for Singaporeans to strive hard at work during this turbulent year and cut back on their slacks as the weight of the global economic crisis looms across the region like a heavy rain cloud.
Now, let us take a quick look into the various responses garnered from the ground while Tan Wen Hui gets herself connected with the her fellow citizens on their take for the fiscal year 2009.

1. Adel Choo
Age: 23
Occupation: Sales Merchandiser

Qn1. What are your new year resoultions?
Adel: I hope to save more money, lose the bulge on my tummy and also, do well in my studies. Yup, that's about it.

Qn2. Given your current lifestyle as of 2008, what are the differences do you wish to see in yourself for the yr 2009?
Adel: I think...the biggest difference would be im back to my studies! And so it would be a more hectic lifestyle i guess and also, more disciplined as well.

2. Ng Weiqian
Age: 26
Occupation: Student

Qn1. What are your new year resoultions?
Weiqian: I'm hoping for better luck, especially in my studies...

Qn2. Given your current lifestyle as of 2008, what are the differences do you wish to see in yourself for the yr 2009?
Weiqian: Hmm...to become handsome, so as to make me feel much better!

Qn3. Lets' hear, what's your current and also, future perceptions of this economic crisis?
Weiqian: Hmm...this crisis as predicted will go on at least the 3rd quarter then we will see changes, as for a 180 deg turn about, shall see how obama deals abt it. But I still object towards his idea of printing more notes.

Qn4. How has the current crisis affected your family and personal lifestyle asofar?
Weiqian: In terms of wages cut from both my parents.

3. Yvonne Tan
Age: 23
Occupation: Student

Qn1. What are your new year resoultions?
Yvonne: Well, make the best out of everything!

Qn2. Given your current lifestyle as of 2008, what are the differences do you wish to see in yourself for the yr 2009?
Yvonne: (Just like Weiqian in this aspect) I want to try get a 180 degree change of myself, like learning to be patient and trying to correct my stubborness.

Qn3. Lets' hear, what's your current and also, future perceptions of this economic crisis?
Yvonne: I'm not part of the economy.. yet so.. can't really comment much.

Qn4. How has the current crisis affected your family and personal lifestyle asofar?
Yvonne: Oh wow, that's gonna be a long answer, but...if you're talking about the bailout package, most middle class family's won't even feel it. the gov won't help smes, which is what my mum's coy is, so she won't feel it. business will suffer if people don't buy things, but she doesn't depend on that, so she doesn't feel it. if it's all business as usual, and my expenses doesn't go up, things will get better. i'm about to go find a job soon since I've just graduated, so earning a salary would mean that i'll be easing the financial burden on her.

Qn5. How would you rate your family's current income?
Yvonne: In between fairly poor and mid range? it's not a stable thing since my mum's doing a business with no capital.


TAN WEN HUI


P.S. For more juices, do join in the questionable debate here by posting your thoughts, opinions and comments. Don't feel shy to do so!

No comments: